Fork & Grape
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Willunga, SA
- Product code: FNG1819ST
Off Piste 4WD Tours have joined forces with a number of Fleurieu-based food and wine providores and makers to offer an exclusive 4WD food safari less than an hour south of Adelaide. The Fork and Grape Tour takes you on an exciting day’s exploration of new food and drink experiences combined with an exhilarating journey through the pristine natural beauty of McLaren Vale, a northern sub-region of the Fleurieu Peninsula. You’ll travel off the tourist beat into wooded valleys, rolling hills and magnificent coastal landscapes, meet the local wildlife and caress your taste buds with a catered al-fresco, gourmet lunch at one of Off Piste's amazing locations or restaurants, weather depending. After a drive along the magnificent length of Silversands Beach you’ll savour hand-made cheeses and other local produce and taste premium local wines and craft beers. The Fork and Grape Tour is an exceptional opportunity to discover the world-acclaimed McLaren Vale wine region in company with the people who make it a visitor’s food/wine delight.
OVERVIEW OF TOUR
The tour departs daily from Adelaide's CBD at 9:30am, Glenelg at 9:50am, McLaren Vale at 10:20am from your hotel or a pre-arranged location, including Adelaide Airport. A 40-minute drive brings the tour to the world-acclaimed wine region of McLaren Vale. On the way your local guide, Ben will run through the story of McLaren Vale, the surrounding region and the wine industry’s local heritage.
Unlike others, Off Piste 4WD Tours ventures through a range of superb off-road tracks getting right off the beaten track visiting local iconic producers at exclusive locations that other tours cannot reach. Ben has worked hard to gain access to local spots and enchants guests to the hidden beauty of McLaren Vale creating an authentic point of difference.
The tour makes its way to an incredible bush setting exclusive to Off Piste 4WD Tours for refreshments via a thrilling off-road adventure track away from the crowds. Handmade soft cheeses are served, all made from locally sourced producers together with premium McLaren Vale wines, handcraft beers and fresh juices while taking in the stunning scenery deep in the Southern Vales.
The journey drops into a couple of the local wineries getting beyond the cellar door not only taste wines straight from barrel but also have a personal tasting amongst the vineyards*. Here, you will have the opportunity to meet the respective winemaker, and importantly, taste the latest releases.
Next stop is lunch set in an eclectic yet very exclusive, surprise location. The highly personal experience comprises of a delicious, three course food safari. Depending on the season and local produce availability, lunch wanders through a variety of themes from Europe/Mediterranean old and new, seafood and authentic modern Asian influences. Lunch is prepared by a dedicated team sourcing the best produce sourced locally from and around the award-winning McLaren Vale region.
From here, we take another exclusive off-road track up the Willunga Hills for an unforgettable vista over the entire region and the sparkling Gulf St Vincent. A rare drive along the pristine Silversands Beach** cruising just metres away from the tranquillity of the breaking ocean waves. The amazing day concludes with an exclusive private cellar tasting at one of McLaren Vale's most historic homesteads that adds a very personal touch to a very special day out.
A relaxed return trip will see you safely back to your hotel or a pre-arranged location.
* Depends on weather, season and staff availability. ** Itinerary might be reversed due to low tide times so beach drive can proceed.
• 8 hour fully guided 4WD tour
• Lunch - Delicious 3 courses (Drinks and desserts not included if dining at the restaurant)
• Tour is fully flexible and operates with a local guide
• Free onboard WiFi
• Permits and entry fees to National Parks
• A refreshment stop serving local soft cheeses with McLaren Vale wines, local handcraft beers and non-alcoholic beverages
• Tour vehicle is a luxury, air conditioned 2016 Toyota VX 200-Series 4WD Land Cruiser
• Pick up and drop off from central Adelaide, ADL Airport, Glenelg, McLaren Vale, Victor Harbor or pre-arranged location
• Drinking water available on tour at all times
WHAT TO BRING
• Sturdy shoes
• Water bottle
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing including summer months
• Adult: $299
• Child: $249 (16 and under)
• Tours depart daily at 9:30am
• Minimum 2 passengers for tour to operate
• It is extremely important that you have valid travel insurance prior to departure
• Extreme weather can affect the itinerary at any time during the tour
• We highly advise checking the weather forecast prior to travelling and dressing accordingly