Fork & Grape Safari
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Willunga, SA
- Product code: FGS2021ST
DUE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING RESTRICTIONS WE HAVE A MINIMUM OF 4 PASSENGERS FOR TOURS TO OPERATE. GROUPS 2 to 3 PRIVATE CHARTER ONLY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUERIES YOU MAY HAVE.
OVERVIEW OF TOUR
The tour departs daily from Adelaide's CBD at 9:30am, Glenelg at 9:50am, McLaren Vale at 10:20am from your hotel or a pre-arranged location, including Adelaide Airport. A 40-minute drive brings the tour to the world-acclaimed wine region of McLaren Vale. On the way our exceptional guiding team will run through the story of McLaren Vale, the surrounding region and the wine and food industries' local heritage.
Unlike others, Off Piste 4WD Tours ventures through a range of superb off-road tracks getting right off the beaten track visiting local iconic producers at exclusive locations that other tours cannot reach. Off Piste owner, Ben has worked hard to gain access to local spots and enchants visitors to the hidden beauty of McLaren Vale creating an authentic point of difference.
The tour makes its way to an incredible bush setting exclusive to Off Piste 4WD Tours for refreshments via a thrilling off-road adventure track away from the crowds. Handmade soft cheeses are served, all made from locally sourced producers together with premium McLaren Vale wines, handcraft beers and fresh juices while taking in the stunning scenery deep in the Southern Vales. Keep your eyes open for koalas, eastern grey kangaroos, echidnas and abundant bird life.
The journey drops into a couple of the local wineries getting beyond the cellar door not only taste wines straight from barrel but also have a personal tasting amongst the vineyards*. Here, you will have the opportunity to meet the respective winemaker, and importantly, taste the latest releases.
Next stop is lunch set in an eclectic yet very exclusive, surprise location. The highly personal experience comprises of a delicious, shared-style food safari. Depending on the season and local produce availability, lunch wanders through a variety of themes from Mediterranean / African old and new, seafood and authentic modern Asian influences. Lunch is prepared by a dedicated team sourcing the best produce sourced locally from and around the award-winning Fleurieu region.
From here, we take another exclusive off-road track up the Willunga Hills for an unforgettable vista over the entire region and the sparkling Gulf St Vincent. The amazing day concludes with an exhilarating drive along the pristine Silversands Beach** cruising just metres away from the tranquillity of the breaking ocean waves. Kick your shoes, dip the feet before a relaxed return trip back to your accommodation. The perfect day is waiting for you.
* Depends on weather, season and staff availability. ** Itinerary might be reversed due to low tide times so beach drive can proceed.
• 8-hour 4WD tour with an accredited, local guide
• Morning refreshments showcasing local produce
• Lunch - Exclusive gourmet lunch (Extra drinks & desserts not included if dining at a restaurant)
• Tour vehicle is a luxury, air conditioned 2018 Toyota 200-Series 4WD Land Cruiser
• Pick up/drop off: Adelaide, Glenelg, McLaren Vale, Airport (Victor Harbor - Private ONLY)
• National Parks & wine tasting fees
• Drinking water available throughout tour
• Free onboard WiFi (Like us in return!)
WHAT TO BRING
• Sturdy shoes
• Water bottle
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing including summer months
• Adult: $339
• Child: $299 (16 and under)
• Tours depart daily at 9:30am
• Minimum 4 passengers for tour to operate
• It is important that you have valid travel insurance prior to departure.
• Extreme weather can affect the itinerary at any time during the tour.
• Please check weather forecast prior to travelling and dress accordingly.